A Little Bit About Greg Leuch
Who, what, where, and why…
Greg Leuch is a creative & user interaction designer, specializing in user interface design, usability, front-end development, and feature research. He has worked on a variety of projects in the past, large and small, with emphasis on web startups and e-commerce. Greg is presently working as a creative freelancer. He was previously Senior Designer at BuzzFeed and Director of Research & Development at Rocketboom, working on such projects like Know Your Meme and Magma. He was also a freelance creative with JESS3.
He currently resides in Brooklyn, NY.
- Major Exhibitions
- "F.A.T. GOLD: Five Years of Free Art & Technology". Eyebeam, NYC, Apr 2013.
- "C.R.E.A.M.," Art Micro-Patronage. Internet, Apr 2012
- "Distributed Collectives," Little Berlin. Philadelphia, Aug 2011
- "Futurity Now!," transmediale.10. Berlin, Germany, Feb 2010.
- "Community Collaborations Invitational Exhibition", York, Alabama. Jul 2008
- Presentations, Discussions, & Panels
- Artist Talk on Art Micro Patronage. uStream, Apr 2012. [Watch]
- "The 'AH HA!' Moment - Ideas, Research, and Creative Output", Wuhan University, China. Nov 2011. [Slides]
- "The Behavior Gap Between Companies and People", RESPECT THE INTERNET. Dec 2010.
- "Shaved Bieber", Ignite NYC. Jun 2010. [Watch]
- Awards, Highlights, & Distinctions
- Interactive Award – Social, Communication Arts, 2013. [Source]
- "11 Net Artists You Should Know," Flavorpill, 2012. [Read]
- An "all-round viral heavyweight". [Source]
- "Shaved Bieber," 2010 Urlies Peoples' Choice Award. Urlesque, 2010.
- Labeled a "Web Boffin" by The Guardian. 2010. [Source]
- "Superfluous Mention in Everything I Write", Helen A.S Popkin Journalism Award. 2010.